Sunday 6 October 2013

Embracing Change


Moribana. Basic slanting reversed style.
Autumn branches and roses. 

This weeks lesson for my ikebana students was reversed arrangements and autumn in ikebana. Everyone could choose if they wanted to make a basic upright or slanting arrangement in reversed style to express an autumn theme. I found some roses in the garbage after they had gone, and made a basic slanting reversed style myself when I got home.

The change of seasons reminds us that life is constantly changing. These branches have shifted colour from mainly green to almost totally yellow and red since I made this ikebana arrangement. Bringing autumn branches into the home helps grasping the moment of here and now. Enjoy it while it lasts - the next time you look it will already have changed a bit.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails