Monday 1 November 2010

Water: Reflecting Heaven

Clear water arrangement with Amaryllis.
Abstract freestyle.

Water is refreshing and calming. The surface reflects the sky in all its changes.

Clear water arrangements are cooling an full of life. The dark bottom arrangement creates a mystic darkness - the eyes are drawn towards the bottom of a deep pond. The arrangement with bridge is a special style that invites you to leave your safe surroundings and walk across the water into a mysterious world.

Dark bottom water arrangement. Bergenia leaf, yellow rose and black sand.
Naturalistic freestyle.

Arrangement with bridge. Abstract freestyle.
Iris leaves and Amaryllis.

2 comments:

Kathryn Costa said...

Thank you for the comments on my most recent Ikebana blog post. Those rose hips were unusual to me too. They came from small wild roses. The larger rose hips that I am most familiar with are from the domestic/genetically modified roses found in most gardens around here.

I'm just in from my latest lesson. I took several behind the scene photos to show my classmates and teacher and workshop space. I'll post them in a couple of days. Is Ikebana popular in your area?

nordic lotus said...

Looking forward to seeing your new photos. i love the tokonoma space in your workshop place.

My teacher is the only one in Norway that gives classes. Ikebana is not very well know here - although people love it when we are exhibiting. That's why sharing with other ikebana enthusiasts around the world means a lot to me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails